Friday, November 20, 2009

Spicy Steamed Shrimp

Tonight was my 2nd daughter's B-day....she turned 8. At our house you get to pick what you want to eat all day on your birthday.

For dinner she wanted Spicy Steamed Shrimp, Buttered Brown Rice, Broiled Asparagus, Raw carrot sticks and fresh orange slices. Not bad choices....not sure I would have put these together. But it was a wonderful meal.

The shrimp was REALLY good so I wanted to get down what I did...since it doesn't match anything on paper. :)


Spicy Steamed Shrimp


Ingred:
1 1/2 C Stock (Shrimp, mild chicken or veggie) or Sub with water.
1 1/2 C Apple Cider Vinegar
1 stick of butter, 8oz
3 tsp Sea Salt
6 Tbs of Old Bay Seasoning
3lbs of Shrimp, deveined shell on

Directions:
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Add shimp, stir gently to coat. Cover: Steam until pink, usually less than 5 minutes. I did stir twice during the time to coat well. I think necessary because my pan was taller than it should have been. They needed to be coated more.

Serve Immediately.

I served on a platter with a little sprinkle of old bay on top.
Serve with sides pf clarified butter, lemon and homemade cocktail sauce.

Don't toss the sauce from the shrimp...it is wonderful over some steamed rice!

No comments: