1 lb Spicy Breakfast Sausage
2 pkgs of Hashbrowns (raw) (I used 4 C dried from food storage...they work great)
1 stick butter, melted
4 C Cheddar Cheese
1/2 tsp salt
2 C milk
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (Sub homemade...even better)
- Crumble and brown the ground sausage. Drain and discard excess grease.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread hashbrowns into a 9x13 pan; pour melted butter over the top. Sprinkle with salt. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle the browned sausage and 3 C of shredded Cheddar cheese on top.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth; add 2 cups of milk, 1 can of soup and whisk until evenly blended. Pour the egg mixture over the the top. Top with the last cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm and golden brown, about 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Can be prepared and refrigerated overnight.