Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chicken Divan

The original recipe came from the Juicy Miss Lucy cookbook. My FIRST cookbook ever. I have been making this recipe since I was 12...it has evolved to a healthier version over the years.

Ingredients:

2 pkg 10 oz frozen broccoli spears, cooked & drained (my family prefers broccoli florets)
3 whole chicken breast cut in half & skinless
10oz can condensed cream of chicken soup (I make homemade Cream of Mushroom)
2/3 cup mayo (healthy mayo from WFN)
1/2 cup evaporated milk (I use raw heavy cream)
1 cup grated sharp cheddar (raw is avail)
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
1/2 cup sherry
1 lb fresh mushrooms, sautéed in 1/2 stick butter
Croutons (homemade sourdough)

1. Place Broccoli in a greased casserole
2. Pouch chicken breasts, 45 minutes, drain & layer on top of broccoli
3. Combine sauce ingredients, and pour over broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle w/croutons and bake 45 min in 325 oven.

This freezes really well.

No comments: