Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Breakfast - Easy Peasy Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding

This started out as a wonderful recipe from a GP friend :).....you know who you are........ of course I changed and added to make it work for my tastes. This is what I ended up with this morning. SOO yummy and Gluten FREE! I made a bunch. Madalynn loved it and asked for seconds. David took 2 bites and just wanted a bowl of raisins. This made enough for Madalynn & I to have a nice filling breakfast and I have a 1/2 qt leftover in the frig for dessert tonight.

Easy Peasy Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding

1 qt cooked brown rice (leftover soaked/cooked in chicken broth brown basmati)
4 C Raw Milk (local grass-fed)
1/2 cup Raw Honey
2tbs Pumpkin Pie Spice
2tbs Vanilla Extract
1/2 C Raisins
2tbs Arrowroot

Add everything to a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer on medium heat. Stir often for about 20 minutes or until thickened. Adding more arrowroot as needed to thicken. Remember it will thicken more as it cools. Remove from heat. Serve in bowls with a any/all of the optional toppings.

Optional toppings: Vanilla Yogurt, Sliced Almonds, Sunflower seeds, shredded unsweetened coconut flakes, diced apple

5 comments:

Em said...

We're GFCFEF (Hey! It's Em from CookingTF) do you think coconut milk would work in this?

TraditionalFoodsMama said...

Absolutely! I have done it with homemade vanilla almond milk when on a TED and it is really good. I would bet coconut milk would be even better.

Sara said...

I just tried coconut milk this morning (eating it as I type!). I used a 14-oz can of coconut milk, then made up the rest of the liquid with water. It is super-yummy! I also stirred in some leftover pumpkin puree with pecans from dinner last night, which makes a lovely treat.

Thanks for the inspiration and the recipe!

Patty Cosby said...

Can't seem to find the Morning Glory muffin recipe. Sounds great -- can you pass it on or explain how to access your recipes? I tried the search box in the upper left... it always brought me back to the meal plan with no link in it for the muffin recipe. Thanks so much.

TraditionalFoodsMama said...

I haven't posted it yet....sorry. I am trying a few different variations to make it work for my family and more TF. I got it originally off allrecipes.com. You can find the original on there.